|1||Crossing Palace Green To The Cathedral||7:24|
|2||Gathering, Memories; Old Elvet And Racecourse||9:18|
|3||The Fairground Dances||13:17|
|5||The Miners' Hymn||2:52|
|8||Praise: People Speak||8:28|
- Composed By, Recorded By, Mixed By, Mastered By, Liner Notes – David Lumsdaine
- Cover – Kirill Sokolov
- Design – Francois Hall
- Executive-Producer – Colin Matthews
- Liner Notes – Michael Hooper
- Mastered By – Craig Vear
- Mixed By – Peter Manning , Ron Berry
- Photography By – Nicola LeFanu
- Recorded By [Sound Recording] – Christopher Barnes , Ralph Allwood, Richard Cooke
From the back cover:
"Big Meeting" is an extraordinary collage of voices, speeches, songs, brass bands and their electronic transformations, which David Lumsdaine constructed from location recordings of the 1971 Durham Miners' Gala - a record of one of the last of the annual meetings before the county's pits were closed.
From the booklet:
"Big Meeting" was recorded in July 1971 on location in Durham, and mixed in Durham University Electronic Music Studio.
Funded by Arts Council England.
Manufactured in the E.U.
- Barcode: 5 023363 017121
- Label Code: LC-03128
- SPARS Code: DDD
- Rights Society: mcps
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – NMC Recordings Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – NMC Recordings Ltd.
- Mixed At – Durham University Electronic Music Studio
- Published By – Universal Edition
- Published By – University Of York Music Press Ltd.
Lumsdaine: Big Meeting - David Lumsdaine. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей. 8 tracks 60:47. David Newton Lumsdaine born 31 October 1931 is an Australian composer. He studied at the New South Wales Conservatorium of Music as it was then known. In London he studied composition at the Royal Academy of Music with Lennox Berkeley. In 1970 he took a lecturing position at Durham University. Big Meeting is remarkable not only as a technical feat - I can't think of a electronic work that gives a more vivid sense of movement within a particular geography -but also as a haunting evocation of a lost Meeting: Gathering, Memories. Old Elvet and Racecourse. David Lumsdaine. Big Meeting: The Fairground Dances. Album 2015 8 Songs. Big Meeting: Gathering, Memories. Big Meeting: The Miners' Hymn. Big Meeting: Crossing Palace Green to the Cathedral. Big Meeting: Underground. Big Meeting: Praise. People Speak. Big Meeting: Coda. Lumsdaine's poetic collage was recorded on location at the Durham Miners' Gala, 1971 - a large annual gathering associated with the coal mining heritage