|1||II Dies Irae (Conclusion)|
|2||II Dies Irae (Part One)|
|3||V Agnus Dei|
|4||I Requiem Aeternam|
|7||VI Libera Me|
|8||War Requiem, Op. 66|
- Baritone Vocals – Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
- Choir – Highgate School Choir, The Bach Choir
- Chorus – London Symphony Orchestra Chorus
- Chorus Master [Bach Choir, LSO Chorus] – David Willcocks
- Chorus Master [Highgate School Choir] – Edward Chapman
- Composed By, Conductor – Benjamin Britten
- Engineer [Recording] – Kenneth Wilkinson
- Ensemble – Melos Ensemble
- Liner Notes [Preface] – William Plomer
- Lyrics By [Poems] – Wilfred Owen
- Orchestra – London Symphony Orchestra
- Organ – Simon Preston
- Photography By – Ilse Buhs, Lotte Meitner-Graf
- Producer [Recording], Liner Notes [Commentary] – John Culshaw
- Soprano Vocals – Galina Vishnevskaya
- Technician [Chamber Organ Built By] – Noel Mander
- Tenor Vocals – Peter Pears
Label variation -- black labels, with framed London and ffrr & ear logos at top, with "stereophonic" banner.
Records are auto-coupled: Sides 1 & 4 on Record One and Sides 2 & 3 on Record Two.
Includes a 16-page 12" booklet with liner notes and sung texts
Words from 'Missa pro Defunctis' sung in Latin.
In loving memory of
- Roger Burney (Sub-Lieutenant, Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve)
- Piers Dunkerley (Captain, Royal Marines)
- David Gill (Ordinary Seaman, Royal Navy)
- Michael Halliday (Royal New Zealand Naval Volunteer Reserve Lieutenant)
The portrait of Wildred Owens from the collection of Mr. Harold Owen.
The poems reproduced in the text of the requiem by kind permission of the publishers, Chatto & Windus Limited and Mr. Harold Owen.
Recorded in Kingsway Hall, London on January 3rd 4th 5th 7th 8th and 10th 1963.
(on center-labels and on box: full frequency range recording; ffrr)
© 1963, The Decca Record Company Limited, London
Exclusive U.S. Agents
London Records, Inc., New York, N.Y.
Made in England by the Decca Record Co. Ltd.
539 W. 25th St.
New York, NY 10001
- Other (Record 1 - Catalog Number): OS 25784
- Other (Record 2 - Catalog Number): OS 25785
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 - Label): ZAL 5927
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 - Label): ZAL 5928
- Matrix / Runout (Side 3 - Label): ZAL 5929
- Matrix / Runout (Side 4 - Label): ZAL 5930
- Copyright (c) – The Decca Record Company Limited
- Recorded At – Kingsway Hall
War Requiem - Benjamin Britten. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. The War Requiem, Op. 66, is a large-scale setting of the Requiem composed by Benjamin Britten mostly in 1961 and completed in January 1962. The War Requiem was performed for the consecration of the new Coventry Cathedral, which was built after the original fourteenth-century structure was destroyed in a World War II bombing raid. Britten: War Requiem. Bliss: Morning Heroes - Sir Simon Rattle, Sir Charles Groves, Benjamin Britten. To commemorate 100 years since World War One in Nov 2014, Southbank Centre staged a special performance of Benjamin Brittens War free to Benjamin Britten Britten: War Requiem War Requiem, Op. 66: Requiem Aeternam, War Requiem, Op. 66: Dies Irae and more. 6 tracks 84:20. The War Requiem was commissioned for the reconsecration of Coventry Cathedral on May 30, 1962 after the original fourteenth century structure was destroyed in a World War II bombing raid on the night of November 14, 1940. Посмотреть сведения об участниках альбома, рецензии, композиции и приобрести альбом 1963 Vinyl от War Requiem на jigsaw puzzles for free Home. Benjamin Britten. Britten: War Requiem, 2013. War Requiem, Op. War Requiem. Released 1962. War Requiem Tracklist. War Requiem: i. Requiem Aeternam - Requiem aeternam Lyrics. War Requiem: ii. Dies Irae - Dies irae Lyrics. War Requiem: iii. Offertorium Lyrics. About War Requiem. This massive work is one of Brittens greatest achievements. Released: Jul 1996